Questions about the job?
20 Steckle Place - Unit 7 | Kitchener | ON | N2E 2C3
Name: Miles McCormack
Phone: (519) 220 - 0698
We are an owner-operated German Canadian joint venture based in Kitchener, ON. Our focus is the design, manufacture, installation, service, and operation of residential and commercial wastewater treatment systems.
With iQ.MBBR™ we are combining the compact- and robustness of the MBBR (Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor) technology with the latest generation of our smart iQ.CONTROLS™, sensors and remote management. This combination ensures a reliable and energy efficient operation even under high strength and varying loading conditions and low temperatures by meeting most stringent effluent requirements.
Our core values are to protect our precious water resources and manage our treatment infrastructure by leading the way in innovative, sustainable, and intelligent clean technology solutions with respect for our environment, partnership with our clients, passion of our employees, dedication to quality, and responsibility to our community.
We are a dedicated and passionate team and looking forward growing our business together with you.
This job will involve installation, operation, maintenance, and reporting duties related to wastewater treatment systems and related infrastructure including limited supervision of junior staff. The general responsibilities are listed below and will best suit a dynamic individual with relevant experience and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
● Execution of service contracts for wastewater treatment and related systems including scheduled routine maintenance, operation, troubleshooting, and emergency service
● Installation of commercial and residential wastewater treatment systems and infrastructure including, but not limited to, mechanical piping, concrete works, equipment setup, testing, and start-up activities in an outdoor environment, year-round
● Sampling of influent sewage and treated effluent in accordance with Ministry of the
● Shop assembly and testing of mechanical equipment including quality control
● Driving to remote job sites within southern / central Ontario, including periodic
(infrequent) overnight trips and travel to job sites across Canada for up to one week
● Data entry and reporting re. installation, commissioning, service and work orders
● Mechanical and process evaluation for operational and performance compliance
Required Skills, Licenses, or Certifications:
● Minimum secondary school dipoloma with Post-secondary diploma in environmental technician or relevant technical discipline, wastewater operators certification (OIT or above), or equivalent work experience.
● Valid Class “G” drivers license or higher with clean driving record
● Data entry skills along with high level attention to detail
● Sound practical knowledge and understanding of wastewater processes and operations, including the design and function of onsite sewage systems
● Advanced knowledge of and minimum 5-years experience with mechanical equipment operation and maintenance (e.g., pumps, blowers, pressure/gravity piping systems, etc.)
● Advanced knowledge of and minimum 5-years experience with electrical equipment operation and troubleshooting (e.g., single and 3-phase wiring, microprocessor based control panels, switches and analog sensors, etc.)
● Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills
● Ability to work in a team environment
● Self-motivated and able to work independently where required
● Excellent communication in English (written and oral), and interpersonal skills
● First Aid certification (may be provided by the Company during employment)
● WHMIS, Confined Space, and Transportation of Dangerous Goods certification (may be provided by the Company during employment)
● Available to work forty (40) hours per week with possible on-call schedule
● Ability to lift seventy (70) pounds
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $29.00-$34.00 per hour
Extended health care
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Kitchener, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
Bergmann North America INC.
As soon as possible
Type of employment: